The cost and complexity of the Canadian legal system cause many individuals and business owners to walk away from legal issues. At DAS, we want you to feel empowered to defend or pursue your legal rights. That’s why we’ve designed a variety of products that offer you financial protection and access to legal resources when faced with a legal dispute.
Did you know?
- The average hourly rate for an experienced lawyer in Canada is $414 1
- 55% of Canadians did not have a lawyer represent them when they accessed the legal system 2
- 45% of Canadians know somebody personally who has gone into debt trying to settle a legal dispute3
- One in ten small business owners know someone who lost a business due to a legal dispute4
With a DAS policy, your legal expenses are covered, including disbursements, court costs, witness fees, and adverse costs if a judge orders you to pay the other party’s legal fees.
In addition, a DAS Legal Expense Insurance policy gives you unlimited access to general legal advice for any legal question. All you have to do is pick up the phone, even if the issue is not covered by your policy.
Many legal situations can be prevented or diffused when legal advice is given in the early stages, but 63% of Canadians say that cost prevents them from meeting with a lawyer to discuss a legal situation.5 Give yourself confidence and the power to take action by removing financial barriers to justice with a DAS policy.
Our Legal Expense Insurance policies offer coverage for a variety of common legal events, such as:
- Disputes with a contractor
- Highway Traffic Act infractions
- Employment disputes
- Business contract disputes
- Tax investigations
- Landlord-tenant disputes
- Bodily injury disputes
Which DAS policy is right for you? Please visit our products page or read some of our customer stories.